*For Building Safety Applications please use INTERNET EXPLORER or SAFARI. The Submit Button will not work with GOOGLE CHROME or FIREFOX.*
Building permit applications may be submitted in person, by mail, by fax, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at the New Hanover County Building Safety Department, located at 230 Government Center Drive; Suite 170 Wilmington, NC 28403.
Fax: (910) 798-7811 Email: email@example.com
*Applications that require the submission of large site plans, may be submitted on CD or uploaded to the Plan Review FTP site. * View FTP instructions »
Trade permit applications may be submitted in person, by mail, by fax, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at the New Hanover County Building Safety Department, located at 230 Government Center Drive; Suite 170 Wilmington, NC 28403.
Fax: (910) 798-7811 Email: email@example.com
*We accept all forms of payment*
If you have questions about the electronic submittal process, please call the Development Services Center at (910) 798-7308.
Applications may be submitted in person or by mail to the New Hanover County Planning and Inspections Department, located at 230 Government Center Drive; Suite 110.
Please see the TRC, ZBA, and Planning Board schedules for application deadlines.
*Currently only accepting cash or check*
Please note: By default, these PDF forms will open in your browser. To save the form to your computer, please right-click the link and select “Save Link As” or “Save Target As”.
For information on the Fast Track permit, click here »
For specific questions about your project, contact:
(910) 798-7308 (How much is a permit? Can I schedule an inspection? What is the status of my permit?)
(910) 798-7308 (General building, electrical, mechanical or plumbing code information)
(910) 798-7624 (How can I change the zoning on my land? What is the general plan for development in New Hanover County? Where can I receive information about upcoming Planning Board Public Hearings?)
(910) 798-7116 (What is my land zoned? Is my property located in the floodplain? I need information about obtaining a CAMA minor permit)
Stormwater/Erosion and Sediment Control:
(910) 798-7139 (I need a land disturbing permit or storm water permit)
(910) 798-6667 (I need a permit to construct a well or septic tank)